Air pollution is a major problem in Delhi, India, and it can have a significant impact on eye. Pollutants in the air can irritate the eyes, cause dryness, and even lead to more serious eye problems such as conjunctivitis, blepharitis, and keratitis.
Here are some tips from Delhi Eye Care to protect your eyes from air pollution:
• Wear protective eyewear: When you are outdoors, wear sunglasses that block 99-100% of UVA and UVB rays. You may also want to consider wearing goggles or safety glasses to protect your eyes from dust and other particles.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes: Rubbing your eyes can irritate them and make the problem worse. If your eyes are itchy or watery, use artificial tears or rinse them with cool water.
• Maintain good indoor air quality: Keep your windows and doors closed as much as possible, especially on days when the air quality is poor. Use an air purifier with a HEPA filter to remove pollutants from the air in your home.
• Get regular eye exams: See your eye doctor for regular eye exams, even if you don't have any symptoms. This will help to detect any eye problems early on, when they are most treatable.
Additional tips from Delhi Eye Care:
• Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated helps to keep your eyes moist and lubricated. Aim to drink eight to ten glasses of water per day.
• Eat a healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help to keep your eyes healthy. Foods that are good for eye health include carrots, spinach, kale, blueberries, and fatty fish.
• Limit screen time: Too much screen time can cause eye strain and dryness. Take breaks every 20 minutes to look away from the screen and focus on something distant.
If you experience any eye problems, such as redness, itchiness, burning, tearing, or blurred vision, be sure to see your eye doctor right away. Dr. Shashank Rai Gupta and Dr. Nidhi Gupta one of the best eye specialists in Delhi, Book an Appointment Today.